Full Time or Part Time: Full-Time
Hours: 37.5 (may include evenings and weekends)
Salary: $56,195 Annually
The Woodridge Public Library has an exciting new opportunity for a Technology Manager to provide strategic direction while being an active member of the management team, focusing on providing high quality customer service to our patrons and staff. The Technology Manager is involved in all aspects of library technology. This person oversees daily technology issues and has prime responsibility for technology projects and technology planning.
The Woodridge Public Library recently celebrated our 50th Anniversary of serving the community! We are a busy public library serving a population of 32,971. The Village of Woodridge has access to highways I-355 at 63rd Street, 75th Street, and Boughton Road, and I-55 off of I-355.
- Management and execution of daily technology issues.
- Acts as a project manager when implementing new library technology, including research, communication, troubleshooting and staff training.
- Evaluates new technologies for possible integration with library services.
- Monitors the purchasing cycle for library hardware and software including purchase, licensing, upgrades, repair, replacement, and disposal.
- Communicates and coordinates with staff in other departments to achieve library technology goals.
- Responsible for the library’s local area network and wireless network.
- Provides troubleshooting, diagnosis, problem resolution, preventive maintenance, repair, installation, configuration and testing of IT hardware and software.
- Works as part of the library’s Management Team.
- Assist in the development, planning, and evaluation of library’s computer instruction for staff and public.
- Develop Technology Plan.
- Administer new contracts and service agreements.
- Lead development of new technology programming for library patrons of all ages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology related subject.
- Minimum three years of experience with IT systems administration and project management.
- Thorough working knowledge of and experience with desktop, mobile, server, and cloud-based applications and operating systems.
- Thorough working knowledge of and experience with computers, networks, servers and server virtualization environments, printers/scanners/copiers, security systems, as well as audiovisual, telecommunications, network, and other business equipment.
Benefits for this position at the library:
Annual Vacation Accrual: 4 weeks per year
Holidays: 7 days per year
Annual Sick Accrual: 12 days per year
Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
Application Note: Please submit resume and employment application, along with three professional references to email@example.com or mail to Woodridge Public Library, Human Resources, 3 Plaza Dr., Woodridge, IL 60517
No phone calls, please. The Woodridge Public Library is an equal opportunity, equal access employer.