Library renovations will begin in September but preparations are already under way. Furniture, shelving, and materials are being moved around daily. As always, staff are available to help you find what you’re looking for. Keep watch here for updates.
The nonfiction area will be the first space worked on. When you walk into the Adult Department, you'll notice bookshelves where there used to be open space, the Spanish and ESL collections, and public computers. The nonfiction collection has taken up temporary residence there. It's a new look but don't get too used to it!
The Teen collection is on temporary shelving in the area the nonfiction collection was in. This will allow us to keep that collection accessible as the Teen area undergoes a big change.
Interior work is slated to begin in September. The Library will remain open during the renovation. Please excuse some construction noise, books and collections being moved around, and some sitting or studying areas not being available.
As always, ask us if you need help finding something. We'll be happy to help you out.
What will be happening in the Library? An interior renovation of the adult, teen and children’s departments.
- New layout of books, resources, study rooms and meeting spaces
- Throughout the building needed upgrades will be made
- Walls and doorways will be removed or added to create new rooms
- All public areas of the library will be painted
- New carpet installed in public areas
Why are we doing this? To meet 21st century technology and library user needs.
- Early literacy resources and center for children
- Technology enhanced teen space
- Improved adult floorplan
- Computer Lab established on main level
These services and resources will not change:
- Building will be open with normal operating hours
- Checkout of books/materials will be unaffected
- Computers, copiers and printers will be available
- Wi-Fi and database access will be provided
- Library Art Gallery will host monthly art exhibits
- Monday morning Job Club will offer resume help
The Circulation Desk and lobby will not be undergoing extensive renovation at this time. Staff will always be available for assistance!