Welcome to the Children’s Department! The staff of the Children’s Department offers a variety of services to children birth through 6th grade, parents, teachers and others who work with children.
Staff members are happy to help you find whatever you need, from homework help to planning a children’s party or finding that special book you remember. We can also make suggestions for good books to read on a variety of reading levels and interests.
Register for programs online, by phone at 630-487-2578, or in person at the Children’s Reference Desk.
Please have your child’s library card when you register.
• Registration is required for all programs unless otherwise noted.
• Baby Lapsits, Toddler Times, and Storytimes are open to Woodridge Public Library cardholders only. Registration for winter sessions begins Saturday, January 3.
• Other programs are open to children who attend Woodridge schools and have a valid card from their home library.
Chicago Wolves Reading Program
January 2 through January 31
During the month of January, the library will participate in a reading program sponsored by the Chicago Wolves ice hockey team. Participants may win ticket vouchers for a game or other Wolves memorabilia.
Signup begins Friday, January 2, in the Children’s Department. The program ends Saturday, January 31, at 5 p.m.
International Family Storytime
Saturdays, 10 - 10:30 a.m
January 3 - Lithuanian
February 7 - Chinese
March 7 - French
Join us for International Storytime. Each month stories will be read in a different language and a new culture will be presented. Don’t know the language? That’s okay! Your family will enjoy learning about another culture and you may even pick up a few words. All ages welcome. Registration not required.
Our deepest gratitude to the community volunteers who make these special storytime events possible.
February is “I Love My Library” Month
Children in preschool through 6th grade are invited to write or draw “Why I Love My Library.” Entries will be displayed in the Children’s Department for all to enjoy.
• Entry forms will be available at the Children’s Reference Desk beginning Sunday, February 1.
• Completed entries must be returned to the Children’s Department by 5 p.m. on Saturday, February 28.
• On Monday, March 2, there will be a random drawing for prizes from all entries.
There's a lot to explore at the Library. So much that it doesn't all fit in the building! Check out some of our online resources for homework help, animated books, learning a new language, and more.