The Children’s Library offers a number of services to the homeschooling community.
- Our newly updated Children’s Library is a bright, welcoming place with many literacy manipulatives, comfy places to read or study, and lots of resources at your fingertips.
- We can give your family or group a tour of the Children’s Library based on your needs.
- Looking for resources on a specific subject? Call the Children’s Library and request that items meeting your needs be pulled prior to your arrival. We usually require at least 24 hours’ notice for this service.
- Our computers are available for students under the age of 12. If a student does not have a Woodridge library card, a parent may fill out a sign a short form to give their student(s) access to the computers.
- Our Parent/Teacher collection contains materials on homeschooling, as well as other general parenting resources that may be helpful.
- We have one study room available for testing or small group study.
- We offer a monthly, private e-mail sent specifically to home educators, highlighting activities and opportunities that will be of interested to the homeschooling community. Email
for more information.
- During the school year we offer monthly LEGO gatherings. The children enjoy building and interacting while the parents network. LEGO creations are displayed in the Children’s Library for sever days following each session.
All About Homeschool Curriculum
A great place to begin to research home education.
Encouragement for Home Educators
Written by moms for parents who homeschool, with practical ideas and advice.
A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling
Homeschooling information and curriculum. A community Web site that will help you homeschool your kids from preschool through high school.
This is the place to find support groups, resources, and all the information you need to homeschool in Illinois.