Zinio allows you to download magazines to read on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. All you need is a library card and email address. The Woodridge Public Library subscribes to 72 titles.
Zinio is easy to use. You’ll need two accounts—one for the Zinio website and one to access the titles the Library is subscribed to. Make sure you use the same email address for both accounts.
To create an account to access the Library’s Zinio collection:
- Go to the Woodridge Public Library’s Zinio page.
- Click on Create New Account.
- Enter your library card number and click Next.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address (if you already have a personal Zinio account, use the same email address here), and password (twice).
- Click Create Account.
- Your account will be created and you'll automatically be logged in.
Pick your magazines:
- Go to the Library’s Zinio page using your browser, NOT the app.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Click on the magazine you want.
- Click on Complete Checkout.
- You’ll be prompted to create an account or sign in. If you already have a personal Zinio account, sign in with that. If you don’t have one yet, click the “Create a Zinio Account” link to create one using your first name, last name, email address (remember that it must be the same one you used to create an account to see the Library’s collections), and password.
- The magazine will be in your Reading List.
Now the magazine will be added to your collection. It’s yours to keep!
Why do I need two accounts?
The account you created through the Library’s Zinio page using your library card number gives you access to the magazines the Library has subscribed to.
The personal account you created through Zinio allows you to personalize your own collection to view online or offline to view and manage your magazines online or via one of the Zinio apps. If you subscribe to any magazines through Zinio (with a personal subscription), those magazines will be in the same place as Library magazines.
Do I have to return the magazines? How long can I keep them? How many people can have a magazine?
One of the greatest features of Zinio is that once you download a magazine, it’s yours to keep. There are no limits on how many people can download a magazine so you never have to wait. As new issues come out, you’ll have access to them. You have access to back issues starting from January 2013 when the Woodridge Public Library began offering this service.
How can I read the magazines on my computer?
You can read them right away from your browser. You can go to Zinio any time to read your magazines. Just log in and then click on Read.
How can I read the magazines on a tablet or smartphone?
Zinio has apps for the iPad, iPhone, and Android devices. The Zinio app has been approved for the Kindle Fire but may not be available. For more information, click here and choose the questions "Having trouble finding the Zinio app for Amazon's KINDLE FIRE?"
Unfortunately, there is no Zinio app for Barnes & Noble's Nook devices. You can try to use Zinio through the browser but whether it's accessible depends on the memory of your Nook.
What magazines are available from the Library?
||Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
|Car and Driver
||Ladies Home Journal
||Martha Stewart Living
||Mother Earth News
|Do It Yourself
|ESPN The Magazine
||National Geographic Traveler
||Taste of Home
|Every Day with Rachael Ray
||O. The Oprah Magazine
|Field & Stream
|Food Network Magazine
Questions? You can
, come in and talk to a librarian, or call us at 630-964-7899.