The Children’s Department offers a number of services to the homeschooling community.
- Our Children’s Department is a bright, welcoming place with many literacy manipulatives, comfy places to read or study, and lots of resources at your fingertips.
- We can give your family or group a tour of our department based on your needs.
- Looking for resources on a specific subject? Call us at 630-487-2578 and request that items meeting your needs be pulled prior to your arrival. We require at least 24 hours’ notice for this service.
- Our computers are available for any child under the age of 12. Children who are in second grade or younger must have a parent sitting with them. Other rules for usage are posted.
- Our Parent/Teacher collection contains materials on homeschooling, as well as other parenting resources.
- We have one study room available for testing or small group study.
- We send a monthly email which highlights activities and opportunities of interest to the homeschooling community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- From September through April we offer LEGO building time on the first Tuesday afternoon of the month from 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. The children enjoy building and interacting while the parents network. LEGO creations are displayed in the Children’s Library for several days following each session.
- All About Homeschool Curriculum
A great place to begin to research home education.
- Encouragement for Home Educators
Written by moms for parents who homeschool, with practical ideas and advice.
- A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling
Homeschooling information and curriculum. A community Web site that will help you homeschool your kids from preschool through high school.
- Homeschool Central
This is the place to find support groups, resources, and all the information you need to homeschool in Illinois.