The Library offers different services and resources for community members with special needs.
|Motorized Carts - Use within the building. Call ahead or stop at the Circulation Desk to use a cart while you are here.|
|Homebound Delivery Service -Available to Woodridge patrons who are unable to visit the Library because of a disability, illness or special circumstance. Volunteers will deliver library materials to your door. Request specific items or let us know your interests and we will make selections for you. Please fill out the HOMEBOUND DELIVERY APPLICATION and return it to the Library.|
- Audio Books - A large collection of current and popular fiction and nonfiction books is available on CD and Playaway.
- Large Print Materials - A variety of current and popular fiction and nonfiction books are available in the Library's Large Type collection. The large print edition of Reader’s Digest is available in the Periodicals area.
- ADA Station - A videophone for Deaf communication.
- Adjustable Height Computer Desk - An adaptive desk in the Computer Commons in the Adult & Teen Services Department.
- Talking Book Program - Provides free library service for anyone unable to use regular print materials because of a disability. Specially recorded books, magazines and playback equipment are mailed directly to your home.
- Illinois Talking Book Outreach Center is the regional provider for this free National Library Service. Applications and information are available online or by calling the Illinois Talking Book Outreach Center toll free at 1-800-426-0709.
- TTD Users - Please dial 711.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Policy and Form
For more information on Special Needs and Outreach Services, contact the Library at 630-964-7899 or email@example.com