3D Printing Policy
The Woodridge Public Library’s 3D Printing service is available to any patron with a library card in good standing that is registered with our library.
All 3D printing will be performed by a Woodridge Public Library staff member. Patrons may not operate the 3D printer.
The Library’s 3D printer may be used only for safe and lawful purposes. The Library reserves the right to refuse to print any object at staff’s discretion. Patrons will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printer to create weapons or materials that are:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or that pose a threat to the well-being of others
- Likely to fail or print incorrectly or likely to cause damage to the 3D printer
- Obscene or inappropriate for the Library environment
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights, e.g. the printers will not be used to produce objects which violate copyright, patent, or trademark protection
The Library reserves the right to:
- Set a time limit as to the maximum amount of time a print job may take
- Set a fee for the production and materials to print 3D objects
- Limit the number of requests
- Stop the project due to time or equipment capabilities
Library staff shall develop such rules and procedures as are necessary to ensure compliance with the
Approved by the Woodridge Public Library Board of Trustees on 8/21/19