The Woodridge Public Library (“Library”) uses various social media platforms to communicate information to its community about the Library’s services, resources, upcoming events, and other information about library-related subjects. The Library’s social media sites are not intended to be public forums for free speech purposes.
The Library recognizes and respects differences in opinion and encourages comments and interactions that conform to this Social Media Policy. The Library reserves the right to decline to post or to remove any comments, photographs, links, or posts that it deems to be inappropriate, including but not limited to:
- Profane language or content
- Pornographic, obscene, sexual, or objectionable content
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Posts that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, including sexual orientation, disability or any other unlawful reason
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal, harmful or offensive activity
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized or copyrighted material
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Comments totally unrelated to the content of the forum
- Hyperlinks to additional material
- Repetitive posts that disrupt normal operation of the forum
- Solicitation of commerce or commercial activity or promotion
- Content that promotes or opposes a political party, person campaigning for elective office, or any ballot proposition
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Library is not obligated to take any action, and is not responsible or liable, under any circumstances, for any damage of any kind incurred through the use of or related to content posted by a user. The Library does not endorse the opinions expressed via posts and/or comments left by users on its social media sites, and the content posted does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Library, its officers or employees. By using this service, you, as a patron, agree to abide by the Library Social Media Policy and agree to indemnify the Library and its officers and employees, from and against all liabilities, judgments, damages, and costs (including attorney’s fees) incurred, which arise out of or are related to your acts or omissions, including claims arising out of your use of the Library’s social media sites, your submissions, postings, or transmissions on the social media sites, your violation of any policies or rules governing the Library’s social media sites, or your violation of any third party rights.
Violation of this policy may result in the responsible poster being barred from posting any subsequent messages to the Library social media sites.
Library staff shall develop such rules and procedures as are necessary to ensure compliance with the Social Media Policy.
Approved by the Woodridge Public Library Board of Trustees on 4/18/18