The Woodridge Public Library provides study rooms for use by individuals or small groups. Use of these rooms does not constitute Library endorsement of the views of the people using these rooms. Those who do not comply with the Study Room Policy may lose their access to the rooms.
Study rooms cannot be used for public meetings and it is expected that use of study rooms will not be publicly advertised. The maximum capacity of the rooms is between one and six, depending on the size of the study room. Each study room is labeled with its maximum capacity. Those meeting in a study room are expected to directly communicate with each other as to the room number, day and time of meeting. The Library does not post meetings taking place in a study room.
- Rooms may be booked up to 7 days in advance.
- Individuals 11 years and under must be accompanied by a person at least 18 years of age.
- Rooms will be held for 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, the room will be given to others who are waiting.
- Room use is granted for up to 3 hours based upon availability. Sessions may be extended if no one is waiting.
- An ID will be taken at the time the room is assigned.
- Only non-alcoholic beverages are allowed in the room.
- These rooms are not soundproof. Everyone is expected to show consideration for those using adjoining rooms. Loud or disruptive behavior will result in everyone being asked to leave the room and possibly the Library.
- Each person in the room is responsible for the behavior of others in the room.
- Patrons must remain in the study room. Should a patron need to leave the room for any reason, they must return in no more than 10 minutes. Once a room has been vacated for more than 10 minutes, the Library reserves the right to remove the user’s belongings without assuming responsibility or liability thereof and to reassign the study room to an available status.
- Doors must be unlocked and lights must be on at all times.
- No extra chairs are allowed without Library staff approval.
- Rooms must be left neat and clean.
- The Library is not responsible for loss or damage to personal items in the study room.
- The study room in the Children’s Department is restricted to use with children 11 years old and under.
Library staff shall develop such rules and procedures as are necessary to ensure compliance with the Study Room Policy.
Approved by the Woodridge Public Library Board of Trustees on 5/16/18