The Woodridge Public Library provides art exhibit space in its main Lobby to help provide cultural enrichment to the community. This space is available for quality, monthly exhibits of framed, two dimensional artworks and canvases by area artists either individually or collectively as a group. Submissions will be considered in terms of artistic quality, innovation, and social and cultural significance, as well as diversity of media and artistic approach.
- With the exception of the District 99 North and South High School student show, artists must be at least 18 years old.
- The Library is responsible for the selection of artists.
- Artists must provide a representative sample of work they wish to exhibit in order for their submission to be considered.
- The Library requires a minimum and maximum number of art works to effectively utilize the space, regardless of the number of participating artists.
- Except for the annual Woodridge Art Show, artists are responsible for hanging their own shows and for labeling their pieces in a professional manner.
- Artwork is expected to remain on the gallery walls for the duration of the show.
- The Library and its staff do not handle and are not involved in the sale of artwork. Individuals who are interested in purchasing artwork must contact the artist directly.
- The Library handles announcement of art shows. The Library must approve all content and handouts regarding the art display, including materials and communication that may be shared outside of the Library by the artist.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to display any piece of artwork or the work of any artist.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse the use of the exhibit area to anyone whose exhibit is disruptive of library functions.
- There is no special security for art exhibits. The Library does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to the artwork on display.
- The Library may offer space for the artist to hold a reception. The Library reserves the right to set the schedule and parameters for all receptions.
- The Library reserves the right to withdraw the privilege of the use of the exhibit area if library policies and procedures are not followed.
- Exhibits do not necessarily reflect the views of the Library or that of Board members.
Library staff shall develop such rules and procedures as are necessary to ensure compliance with the Art
Exhibit Policy, as well as ensure the best execution of the Art Gallery exhibit schedule.
Approved by the Woodridge Public Library Board of Trustees 5/15/19