The Woodridge Public Library has a training lab for teaching public computer classes and to provide for staff training. When the lab is not being used for these purposes, it is available for use by the Woodridge community.
Rules for Computer Training Lab Use
- The person reserving the training lab must be 18 years old or older, have a valid Woodridge Public Library card, be a member of the group booking the room, and must attend the meeting.
- Groups using the training lab may not charge admission, require fees, or request donations for attendance or participation. All meetings must be open to the public.
- The training lab may not be used for social events or for commercial purposes, sales, fundraising, marketing, or personal and/or financial gain, including presentations of products and services.
- No software may be downloaded to Library computers or devices, and no changes to settings or the network may be made.
- Applications to reserve the training lab must be made a minimum of one week in advance. Training lab reservations are accepted no more than 60 days in advance.
- If the application is approved, a representative from the organization must meet with a library staff member to be instructed on the use of the training lab. This instruction must take place prior to the scheduled session. Staff will not be available to assist with technical questions during the training lab booking.
- No food or drink is allowed in the training lab.
- The training lab is only available during the hours that the library is open. Groups using the training lab must end programs at least 15 minutes prior to the library’s closing time, or at such other time as directed by Library staff. Remaining in the training lab beyond the reserved time may result in the denial of future reservations.
- Reservations may not be made for more than one day in a 30 day period for any single group, organization, or business.
- All use of the training lab must be in compliance with the Meeting Room Policy, the Rules of Conduct Policy, the Unattended Child Policy, the Technology Policy, and all applicable polices.
- Library personnel must have free access to the training lab at all times. The Library retains the right to monitor all activity conducted on library premises for the purpose of ensuring compliance with Library rules and regulations.
- Use of the training lab and approval of individual situations not described here will be determined by the Library Director or the Library Director’s designee.
Library staff shall develop such rules and procedures as are necessary to ensure compliance with the Training Lab Policy.
Approved by the Woodridge Public Library Board of Trustees on 1/19/2022